Thursday, July 11, 2013

Overnight Oats - Recipe from Pilates X Instructor Alli

Enjoy this post from our Pilates X instructor Alli, aka Allison Anderson! 
Thanks Alli! 

OVERNIGHT OATS

The past couple of weeks I have been trying to eat/find something that is filling but cool because of the heat. I love oatmeal. Full of fiber and protein to keep you full. I grew up on the instant packages because they are so convenient and filling but in my latest effort to try to cut down on sugar, I had to give up the instant oatmeal because they are HIDDEN with LOADS of SUGAR!! So I started making my own and looked online for some overnight oats because I saw it on Pinterest and yes I am a “pin-a-holic.” Now that it is summer I thought I make add tropical flavors to these overnight oats.

What you’ll need:
1 jar
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup Greek yogurt (optional)
½ cup mango
½ banana
1 tbsp shredded coconut
1 tbsp chia seeds

Prep:
Start layering all the ingredients in the jar. First I put the chia seeds and some of the fruit on the bottom on the bottom. Then ½ cup Greek yogurt (optional). Next rolled Oats then the coconut milk and top it with the rest of the fruit, chia sheeds and shredded coconut. Place lid on tight and leave in fridge overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment